Family Law Topics
Family Law court is for people who are ending a marriage or other committed relationship, dividing what they own and owe, working out child custody and visitation issues, dealing with child or spousal support, addressing domestic violence issues, or identifying a child's legal parents.
For more information on these issues, click on the links below:
- Adoption: For people who want to become a legal parent of someone who is not his or her biological child.
- Child Custody: For people working out child custody and visitation issues.
- Child Support: Establishing, changing, or ending child support.
- Spousal Support: Establishing, changing, or ending spousal support (alimony).
- Parentage: Identifying a child’s legal parents.
- Divorce: For people ending a marriage or other committed relationship by divorce, legal separation, or annulment.
- Domestic Violence: Getting a Domestic Violence Restraining Order.
Although technically not part of Family Law, this website also has information about:
You can also watch videos that may help you understand the court process:
Did this information help you? Tell us what you think.